SSC CGL is an examination conducted under the bifurcated examination plan –SSC Combined Graduate Tier 1 and the SSC Combined Graduate Tier II Exam.
SSC Combined Graduate Tier I Exam is conducted annually after which the successful candidates have to appear for the Tier II examination. The pattern of competitive exam is MCQ type.
The SSC (CGL) examination is primarily conducted for recruitment to different levels of subordinate services, prominent ones being:
Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs
- Inspectors of Income Tax
- Preventive Officers in Customs
- Examiner in Customs
- Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police & CBI
- Sub-Inspectors in BSF, CRPF, ITBP and CISF
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India